Because I didn’t want this first time to be on a local circuit with my own car, I choose to go for the real deal! Drove an Aston Martin GT4 on the Yas Marina F1 circuit in Abu Dhabi (UAE).
Some details about the car:
- Officially tuned by Aston Martin itself (Engine, Roll-cage, Body, Cooling, Transmission, etc.)
- 4.7 liter V8, 420 BHP, 0-100 km/h in 3.5 sec
- Used normally for real circuit races
- Drives on octane 100+ (racing fuel)
- Approximately €150.000
- Gets check-ups every week
Full overview can be found on the Aston Martin page here
For the price of 1500 AED we got to drive this car (after a briefing) on the Yas Marina circuit. This with an instructor next to us to help us drive better and quicker! Because the engine was so brutally loud the instructor used hand signals to communicate gears, points of braking and steering recommendations.
For those who personally know me well, this was pretty much a boy’s dream coming true. My experience was so great that I started wondering why I hadn’t done this earlier.
Also interested in a drive on the Yas Marina? They have plenty more options on their website.